This section provides information about certain actions that can be performed on accounts.
Help: Modify Profile
Members may modify basic account settings by default. These settings control the member's access to their account, as well as when and how they are visible to other members browsing the forum. The following options are available to be modified.
- Name - While their username cannot usually be changed, a member may change their display name at any time. Other members browsing the forum will see display names instead of usernames in most places.
- Email - The email address associated with a member's account may be changed, however a valid email address is required.
- Allow users to email me - A member may choose to allow other members to contact them via email. The forum does not reveal the member's e-mail address, but instead provides a contact form.
- Show others my online status - If selected, a member will be displayed in the forum's Who's Online list.
- Change Password - A member's password may be changed at any time.
- Secret Question - The secret question is used in the event that a member forgets their password. Providing the correct answer aids the member in retrieving the password.
- Current Password - The member's current password is required to make any changes to their account settings.